Yarema Duhk, the Assistant of the Press Secretary of the President of Ukraine, is engaged in inviting foreign media to join the show broadcast on the anniversary of the Maidan on 20 February.
Media have the opportunity to join this broadcast, based on the information that is given below:
A broadcast of commemoration of the Heroes of the Heavenly Hundred and Maidan anniversary events will take place on Maidan Nezalezhnosti [Independence Square] on February 20, 18:30-20:15 (Kyiv time, UTC+2).
The program includes:
· Ringing bells of Kyiv churches (18:30-18:50)
· Address of the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko (18:50-18:59)
· All-Ukrainian action “Moment of silence – endless memory” (19:00)
· Lights performance “The Rays of Dignity” (19:00)
· Performance of the National anthem of Ukraine by the “Dumka” choir (19:01-19:04)
· Recital of a poem “Mother do not cry, I will come back next spring” by Yevhen Nishchuk (19:04-19:08)
· National Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine performs “Requiem” of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Conductors are Volodymyr Sirenko and Yevhen Savchuk for the “Dumka” choir (19:08-19:56)
· “Pikkardiyska Tertsia” sextet performs a song “Plyve kacha”. Ceremony of laying flowers and candles on sites where the Heroes of the Heavenly Hundred were killed (19:57-20:15)
There will be 3 sound streams – Ukrainian, English, no voice over, and engaging 18 cameras. All data regarding satellite signal will be published Thursday afternoon at president.gov.ua.
If your crew would have a possibility to join in, please note that all accreditation details will be released on president.gov.ua on Thursday morning. Contact person - Special Assistant to the Press Secretary of the President of Ukraine Yarema Dukh: [email protected].